Friday, October 7, 2011

In honor of their memory, with love.

Day 7: Do you do something to honor your angel(s) if so what?

At the beginning of this year, I introduced Rest In Hope to Facebook and the world. After Bailey was born and we knew that time was not on our side, plans had to be made. Plans for a casket, a viewing, a graveside service,  a bronze marker, flowers, a little outfit, what I wanted her to take with her. All kinds of plans. Most of those plans were made without me by family members. My Mom and Dad donated their cemetery plots, my Father-in -law found a funeral home that would donate the casket and viewing, his priest would perform her service. My Mom bought her a beautiful gown. Travis and I picked out her marker, bronze guardian angel marker with a vase on a beautiful granite slab. It was expensive even with the donations and luckily we could take care of it for her. Within a week the multiple hospital, multiple doctor, ambulance, and other bills came rolling in. I remember sitting at the table thinking how could anyone expect you to pay for the birth of your child while you're paying for the burial at the same time. It seemed cruel! That was the day Rest In Hope was born, nearly 16 years ago, with the thought of doing whatever I could to lessen the burden to others that had to go through this as well. After 9 months, we have donated cash for burial services, donated/purchased from BLM causes, donated cash for disaster relief, and donated rosaries and prayer beads to various online auctions that benefit the BLM community. I always wish it could be more and someday it will be but for now things are slowly moving along and that's ok. Everything I do in regards to Rest In Hope is with the deepest love and appreciation to my babies that left me far too soon but left me with a desire to help others and make a difference in the life of someone else.

Stay tuned for a little something else coming in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...