Thursday, October 13, 2011

Days 12 & 13 of the 31 Days Challenge

It's never too late to jump into the Challenge.


Day 12: How has the rest of your family dealt with your loss?
My family has been really great when it comes to remembering Bailey. Many many extended family members will visit her grave for me and leave flowers or just go by and visit to make sure everything is ok. The miscarriages are far less talked about and I would expect that since You know they just don't seem "real" to other people. It's hard for other people to wrap their heads around a loss (especially an early loss) that they never got to experience. In both cases, I had miscarried before my family ever even knew I was pregnant so I understand.

Day 13: Does anyone else besides you speak your child's name?
Yes. My Mom and Dad are very open about Bailey and of course my husband talks about them as well. The same family that help with Bailey's grave speak of her as well. Really though, the only place I can count on people not being afraid to talk about them is in the BLM community. Other BLMs understand the need to talk about our children and therefore are not afraid to mention them by name. I lovingly refer to my babies as my ABCs and there are others that will refer to them that way also. I love it!! All three at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...